PADDLING FOR OVER 30 YEARS
Trek & Trail was founded in 1978 by Mary and Greg Sweval. It began as a XC ski shop in Bessemer, MI and also provided winter adventure. In 1986 it opened a retail store and sea kayaking center in Bayfield providing trips and education among the Apostle Islands.
T&T also had kayaking centers in Door County & Duluth, ran international trips to Mexico and Lake Biakal and offered dog sled rides in Bayfield during the winter. T&T scaled back over the years as Greg moved on to other ventures. Mary solely continued T&T and concentrated on growing the Bayfield location. Scott Kluver and Rob & Lynn Riemer, who have all been guides and staff for T&T for many years, acquired T&T in 2014 when Mary decided to retire. They have a deep rooted passion to keep T&T going strong for many years to come. They are officially KR Kayaking LLC DBA Trek and Trail.
Rob Riemer, Owner/Guide
Lynn Riemer, Manager
Scott Kluver, Owner/Guide
WHY WE ARE THE BEST.
- We are the original sea kayak tour company for this area, and the only one conveniently located right in Bayfield, with 30-plus years of safely running kayaking trips within the Apostle Islands.
- We have expertly trained guides & friendly staff.
- We use safe, sturdy, roto-molded tandem kayaks for our adventures & have high quality plastic or fiberglass kayaks & gear available for rent.
- We have a beautiful sandy beach to launch and do our instruction from.
- We have the best location—right in the city of Bayfield! We’re in the “Cooperage” an 1800’s building on the National Historic Registry which includes a small museum in house. We’re right next to the Madeline Island Ferry dock in downtown Bayfield.
- We offer 1/2 day sea cave tours for those with limited time.
- Our included lunches and overnight meals are specially catered from a city of Bayfield eatery offering many fresh & local ingredients helping support our local economy and farmers.
- We have a fully stocked retail store carrying all items you might need or may have forgotten to bring for camping or kayaking, and even Mt.bikes for rent to ride around Bayfield.
- We carry name brand gear such as Patagonia, TEVA, Snap Dragon, Seattle Sports, NRS, MTI, etc. and have plenty of momentos to bring back with you.
- New and used kayaks are always for sale from Current Designs, Necky, and P&H. Also new and used paddles from Werner & Lendal as well as all other necessary gear such as wet suits, PFD’s, safety equipment, and car racks.
“Your first experience will last you a lifetime… but you will want to come back from more!”-Krystal W.
“Went on an awesome 3 day kayaking trip with these guys an had a blast. You won’t regret it.”-Ben B.
“I highly recommend T&T, very reasonable with quality employees that guide you with expertise!!!”-R.S.