HIGH ADVENTURE GROUP/EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Over the past 35+ years we have established a quality reputation with a diverse range of colleges/universities, middle/high schools, camps, scout, special interest and church groups as well as large families and businesses looking to have a bonding and team building experience.
Through these relationships we have learned that individual groups have their own unique needs, focuses, finances and schedules. At Trek&Trail we understand your needs and welcome the opportunity to custom design a program that will help your group reach it’s desired objectives including specifics like a badge in the scouts, incorporating church group devotion time, personal reflection, self esteem building, yoga, etc.
All programs will be taught kayaking and camping skills and will require both individual and team effort. This will build teamwork, leadership, and communication skills within your group. We are here to help you meet any of your specific goals with our universal goal being to have fun while reinforcing our philosophy of “learning by doing”.
Most courses can be universally accessible. They can be designed for those with little or no experience in the outdoors & kayaking to those with extensive outdoors and/or kayaking experience looking to increase their technical skills or preparing to be leaders among wilderness areas.
Trips can range from half-day excursions, to our most popular day trip to the mainland Sea Caves, or to multi-day adventures. To get different trip ideas check out our overnights section.
2020 PRICING FOR NON-PROFITS
To receive Non-Profit Program Pricing there must be an established group of at least 8 with tax exempt status (501-C3). Trips must be paid for with one check or credit card per payment from one source and booked at least 90 days in advance.
- If your group wishes to book trips between July 1, 2020 – Sept. 7, 2020 (Mon-Thurs PEAK Season) You will be charged PEAK season rates listed below.
- If you wish to book trips that include weekend days (FRI-SUN) during July, August, Sept there is an additional $30/person/day surcharge.
- Payment must be made by one person/source representing the entire group- not individuals!
Non-Peak is May 15 – June 30, PEAK season is July 1 – Sept 7
Please note extra charges for weekends or added services
8-11 Group Size:
- $65 per/person/day
- $85 per/person/day PEAK*
12+ Group Size:
- $63 per/person/day
- $83 per/person/day PEAK*
BASE RATE INCLUDES: Guides (1 guide per 6 people), Basic Safety Course ($55/pp value), All Kayaking Gear, Wetsuits, Safety Equipment, Camping Permits, as well as shuttles to put-ins and from take-outs.
- $30/per person/ per day charge for Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- $50/ per person/ per day charge for provisioning food (if needed) from local restaurant (each day includes 3 meals, snacks, beverages, water filtration, cooking/eating utensils/stoves/gear) Not choosing food option will require group to provide food for the guides assigned to make meals together
- $10/person/day charge for supplying tents &/or sleeping pads if required.
BOOKING A PROGRAM
You may book anytime to schedule your summer dates and contract our services. Booking early with a 50% deposit by December 30 prior to the season offers the best group-site options.
We can obtain prime campsite permits reserved through National Park Service Lottery System that happens in January then beyond that anytime.
Remember your group must have a minimum of 8 participants, with one contact person who coordinates and disseminates the necessary information to participants and parents of minor participants.
Terms and Conditions
50% of the total trip cost is required to secure reservations with a signed contract.
The balance is due 45 days prior to trip departure date.
We reserve the right to cancel the trip or add 15% to the trip price to the remaining balance if full payments are not made on time.In such cases the deposit is not refundable.
All discounts are rescinded on overdue invoices.
Cancellations made at least 45 days prior to departure will receive a refund minus 15% of total trip cost.
Cancellations made less than 45 days prior to departure or “no-shows” will receive no refund or no credit.
Trips are sold as packages and credits are not given for services not used.
If you use an outfitting service you are not eligible to get your own permit, we will have to get it for you through the NPS lottery process. To keep things fair we will place your group’s request into the lottery system in the order that we receive them. If you book after the preseason deadline and only mainland/private camping is available your group will be responsible for campsite fees.
NPS group campsite site maximum is 18 participants and 3 guides. If your group is larger than that you will be split.
NPS individual campsite site will allow up to 6 participants & 1 guide. If more than that a group site will be needed.
CAMPING ON THE APOSTLES
- Please make your guide aware of any pertinent medical conditions you may have -i.e. allergies, medications you’re taking, etc. Also include any previous injury or illness that may present an issue during your Apostle Islands kayaking adventure.
- Trips where we provide food it is essential you notify us of any food allergies or serious dislikes. A camper health history form will be provided to help you gather this information.
- If you have any concerns about your personal fitness level or ability to participate please consult your physician.
- We ask that all minors are accompanied by an adult on all tours. This can be a parent/family member, scout leader or guardian. Age requirements:
- 8-10 yrs must be in triple kayak with 2 adults
- 11-12 yrs. each must be paired with 1 adult in double kayak
- 13 + yrs. will be paired eldest with youngest.
- Acknowledgement of Risk forms will be provided to leaders to obtain parental consent for minors.
- Please remember that if you are late for a trip you are not the only one affected. Our trips are normally fully booked.
- Your promptness affects everyone’s time on the water. Please plan accordingly.
- We cannot control the weather. Occasionally we are forced to alter our trip routes. Please be understanding.
- We recommend all participants acquire travel insurance to cover emergency medical situations, evacuations,and unforeseen last minute cancellations.
- We have a strict cancellation policy and the purchase of a private short-term travelers insurance policy may put you at ease in the event you would need to recoup canceled trip costs.
Questions about our trips? Just call!
Get paid to spend your summer kayaking & camping on Lake Superior! Experience preferred, but not necessary. We will train friendly/outgoing, self-motivated, well organized individuals willing to work closely with the public. Gear discounts and housing options available. Click for more info.
- Apostle Island Lakeshore and Sea Cave Tours
- Apostle Island Multi-day Trips
- Group Trips
- Basic Safety Kayak Courses
- Kayak and Bike Rentals
- Outdoor Retail Store